Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oatmeal on the Go Bars

This recipe is from everydayfoodstorage.net. My kids love these! I use cut up dehydrated apples that I've rehydrated instead of raisins. Also, I mixed all the dry ingredients together the night before, put it in a ziploc bag and then just add the wet ingredients in the morning. It was a huge time saver!

These are just that-- a way to take oatmeal on the go. If you don't have asandwich maker, you can make these as muffins and freeze them.

1-3/4 c. Quick Mix (or Bisquick)
3/4 c. Quick oats
1/4 c. Sugar
1/4 c. Brown Sugar
1 egg (or 2 T Dehydrated Egg + 1/4 c. Water)
3 T. Powdered Milk + 1 C. water
1 C. Raisins (or other dehydrated fruit, I let mine rehydrate in the water I need for the powdered milk)
2 t. Cinnamon

Mix ingredients together until moist. Fill sandwich make or muffin pans 2/3 full and bake for 2 minutes in a sandwich maker or 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven for regular muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment